Monday, October 26, 2015

Challange Accepted

So not long ago a business associate not from around here asked me to describe where I am from without saying where I am from.  That's not easy...well it's not hard either but where do you start.  So I've thought long and hard about it and this is what I came up with.  Some of it is quotes from other places so be assured I am not claiming to have come up with all these, I'm just using some to make a point. 

Hmmm, where do I come from.  Well where I come from we are a Tiger on Saturdays and a Saint on Sundays.  We mind our Ps & Qs and we always say please and thank you.  We say ma'am & sir whether you are 10 or 80. Sunday dinner takes place at 2PM and you better not start before you say grace.  We have Mimis and Pawpaws, Nannys and Parrans.  Y'all is in fact a word and all y'all does make sense.  We have our own language and it is beautiful.  We eat red beans on Mondays and fry just about anything.  You will never find another place that has food like ours.  Each dish is a culinary masterpiece made differently by each person's own bit of lagniappe.  We have a party for every occasion and a parade for every holiday.   We drink a lot and don't always sleep enough but most make sure to go to church on Sundays (before Sunday dinner).  Some of us bleed purple and gold, some black and gold, some both depending on the day and few bleed green and blue (I think).  We sit on the porch and drink sweet ICED tea.  We visit with the neighbors and always ask "how's ya mom and dem?".  We are a Sportman's Paradise and a football fan's...dream.  We are proud of where we are from and want to share it with the world.  Where I come from gets in your blood and never lets go.  You might have to leave but you always, always wanna come back home. 

Think this is a good description of where I am from?  Do you think anyone who didn't know would figure it out?  Well if not *plfeet*.  This video is played at the 2015 LSU home games and gives you a taste of what it is like to be from here.

Tiger Stadium's "Louisianne" Pregame The tribute to Louisiana that plays in Tiger Stadium prior to LSU Football games this season. We love this state and our Tigers!

No comments: