Thursday, January 8, 2015

I just geeked out so bad...my co-workers think I am insane

I live in NOLA (well near enough).  I am a Mardi Gras nut, I love it!  I go to as many parades as I can...which because I am a responsible adult isn't as many as I'd like.  I am a sci-fi/fantasy nerd....how the hell have I not attended the Krewe of Chewbacchus parade?!?!?!  I've heard of it in passing but apparently my brain didn't register what it was. 

It is fandom meet Mardi Gras.  Whovians and Trekkies and Star Wars Freaks, oh my!  I cannot contain my glee.  I mean I want to go so bad I will go by myself if I have to just to see it all.  It seems everything is basically homemade.  Just the costumes alone, what?!?  And apparently the throws are all unique as well.  Whatever you want essentially.  The Krewe du Who has fully functional Face of Boe and I saw this year they have a full scale remote control TARDIS and The Moment.  Seriously, inhuman noises were coming from me as I read!  But obvi it is not all Who stuff.  It is all fandoms and sub genres and all things geeky/nerdy...oh my God I love it and I haven't seen it yet.

My fav thing is the the annual fee to be a member is $42.  Yea that's right, they did that.  I have no idea how long they've been around but it can't be that long...am I that out of touch?!!?!?  For goodness sake it is call "Intergalactic Krewe of Chewbacchus" this year's theme is "The Cult of the Sacred Drunken Wookiee"  I am dying!!!!

No comments: