Wednesday, September 16, 2015

7:30AM is not the time to have an existential crisis...

I wasn't prepared to think yet!  So I got a call...here is how it went.

Me: *barely functioning* This is NOLA Gurl, how can I help you?
Person:  Hi, NOLA Gurl.  This is Ted from (insert customer name).
Me: *confused* Hi... (I didn't recognize him as a contact)
Person: *realizing my confusion* I took Bob's place...he's dead
Me: *suddenly awake* *loss for words* *dammit brain start working* *silence*
Person: I need your help
Me: *brain reboot* Right, okay.  I am, I am so, so sorry to hear that...
Person: *in monotone voice* Well we all get old and then one day we don't get old anymore
Me: *thinking* WTF?!?!!? *said* True...*nervous laugh* Uuuum, so what can I help you with...

I barely caught what he was asking me because I was pondering what he said about "getting old".  I mean there was zero finesse about it but he had a point.  What is the meaning of my life?!?!?!  *hears a whisper* 42.  Dammit Deep Thought, not now!

Side NoteIn case you weren't aware or don't feel like thinking (like me right now), "An existential crisis is a moment at which an individual questions the very foundations of their life: whether their life has any meaning, purpose, or value. This issue of the meaning and purpose of existence is the topic of the philosophical school of existentialism"

I need a break...So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish...I've got my towel ready...time to Hitch a ride....I hear there's a great restaurant at the End of the Universe.

I'ma stop now...I have pondering to do.   

No comments: