Thursday, June 19, 2008

2nd, 1st Date (Different Guy)

Sometimes I wonder what is going on in my own head...

We all know its usually a bad idea to go on a date with a "friend" but for some reason we still do it sometimes, hoping it doesn't ruin things. So I went on a date with this guy I've known since college. He is a really nice guy...almost too nice. I remember over the years he's gotten his heart broken a few times. He seems to dive head first into things and forgets to think about him. At least thats what I have seen over the years.

So I was kind of nervous about this "date" one because I've been out of the dating scene for so long AND because he was an acquaintance of a guy I dated in College (for 3 years). So needless to say it was a little uncomfortable at first.

I met him at his apartment, which I normally do not do when I first go on a date but since I knew him from before, I thought, why not. So I went there after work (5PM). I changed into Jeans and chatted with his roommate while he got ready.

We left to go eat at 6PM (way too early for me) so we went to hang out at a new brewery/restaurant. We sat at the bar and at first we didn't talk too much, but after a few sips of beer we were chatting like old friends. Not a lot of flirting though. We ended up eating there and having a couple more beers. Great food and the beer wasn't so bad either. Well we left there and went to this wine loft place...and ordered beers, nice right ;). Well we sat on one of the couches and would get a little close then one of us would move away. It was kinda funny. Anyways we were there for a while, chatting and stuff. Discussing how he thought me and my ex were still together because every time he's in town...we are together. Well after the first beer at the wine place he moved on to crown and coke...I stuck with beer.

Then we left there and went to this restaurant next door to eat a snack and drink some more. We sat at the bar at this restaurant also and after we ordered he suddenly and very smoothly put his arm around me. Which I was a little uncomfortable with at first but adjusted to as I got yet another beer. OK so we get a couple appetizers and drank and talked until closing time, which since it was a weeknight, was 10:30ish.

We headed back to his place for me to get my car (my keys were inside - I didn't really think about this before hand). So anyways like I said limited flirting between us so I didn't think anything of going back to his place to get my stuff. Well either I was completely oblivious to the signs or I made him extremely uncomfortable about flirting with me bc all of a sudden back at his place he kissed me.

Wow, can I just say, WOW. He is a great kisser. So instead of me going home (I was supposed to stay at a friends house) at a decent time...I made out with my old college friend for a few hours. It has been a very long time since I have had an extended make out session, I forgot how fun it is ;). Needless to say by the time we stopped it was oooooh 2AM and I had work in the morning. I was going to leave but he insisted I stay because of it being so late. So I argued a little but then I did stay...nothing happened...maybe little more kissing. So anyways, 7AM came very quickly and I had to shower. So I showered a this guys house and left to go to work.

I NEVER do that. I still cannot believe I slept at his house after 1 date...I mean nothing happened but still. Of course I did know him from before so its not that weird but still. Anyways, I had a great time with him and he was a GREAT kisser sooooooooooooooo I guess we'll see if there is a date number two with him.

No comments: