Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Chrissy strikes again....

Soooooo in my last post she was acting a little crazy and my mechanic was saying gotta be bad fuel since it out of the blue started having acceleration issues. She worked fine all weekend and yesterday. Still not as zippy but not 'dying'. Well I am on my way to work this morning and she is NOT happy. When I press the accelerator I SWEAR I hear a very faint whistling noise. I can still get her to about 72-75 but I hear like a whistle. I wasn't sure if it was my vehicle so I did some tests. It was her. When I push the gas pedal there is a barely audible whizzing noise. . . WTF is that?! I text my friend. He is like its all good we will work it out. I get about 5 miles from my office check engine light comes on, oh great! He said he'll take a look at it before he heads out for the day. I get there and tell him she is saying "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" when I accelerate. He said she is NOT saying "weeeeeeeeeeee". I start her up and he pulls the throttle. She said "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" and he started laughing. He said it sounds like a belt pully. . . um alright. He'll check her out in the morning.

As long as she is still running OK he isn't too worried. He said take it to Autozone and have them do a diagnostic test so we know what the error is and get a fuel filter. Okee Dokee.

They run the test . . .Cylinder 3 misfire. . .I dont have a fuel filter I have a fuel screen. . . which is in the tank. Oh for crying out loud . . .really?! They said misfire = spark plugs. . . guess we are changing them out again.

No comments: