Monday, December 19, 2016

How can you be in your 30's and not have watched any 90's cartoons?!?!?!?

Okay some newer cartoons are fun but the old ones man...those are the best...maybe because as an adult I catch things and go "oh my god!".  So many hidden things that my little child brain didn't quite grasp.

Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures were pretty famous for that.  Then you had the "older teen" cartoons like Beavis & Butthead and Ren & Stimpy.  But don't forget Courage the Cowardly Dog and Rocko's Modern Life.  Soooooo many to choose from.

So I am not actually gonna reference a "dirty" reference today but just one that makes me and my friends giggle.  Way back when, when we were younger there was a scene in one of the above mentioned TV Shows.  My group references it fairly often as a joke so it almost comes as second nature now.

We were at a thing and one of the little ones kept getting 'dirty' so their mom kept wiping their hands/face off.  To the point where we were like "dude just leave it, they are fine".  At one point mom did it like 4 times in a row.  Kid picked up chalk, mom wiped off hands.  Kid picked up chips, mom wiped off hands. Kid picked up other kids toy, mom wiped off hands.  Look I get it you don't want the little one sick but good lord!  Anyways, at one point she was doing this and I said *sounding like Woody Allen* "Turn the page, wash your hands.  Turn the page, wash your hands."

Only one person got it and it was my relative because we watched the show together.  We were giggling like idiots and everyone else was like "WTF...?".  So I said:
 

"Its Filbert".
*blank stares* 
"You know the turtle dude from Rocko's Modern Life..." 
*confused stares*.
"OMG y'all come on! Rocko...the Wallaby...came on Nickelodeon..."   
*You are weird stares*

Seriously?! Showed the below:

The kids mom "Oh, that show was dumb, I never watched it".
You're dumb...this show was comedic gold. 

No comments: