Sunday, March 20, 2016

What is happening?!?! The Passion isn't supposed to make me laugh....

Oh man...oh man...I am so going to hell now.  Y'all!  Y'aaaaaall!  Alright I am watching "The Passion Live".  And it's not bad....really.  Its...just...uh...different.

I am mainly watching because it is in NOLA (NOLA Proud, what what) but I am also watching because it honestly looked good.  And despite the goofiness I post, I was raised Catholic so I wanted to see it.  And it really is good.  But the modernizing of the story of The Passion of Christ is TRIPPING ME OUT

I know they said it would be a retelling of the story with modern songs and stuff but I lost it a bit as Jesus and Peter started singing "Home" while walking down Royal Street.  Its fitting but it caught me off guard.

Flash forward to the breaking of bread thing and Jesus bought his bread from a FOOD TRUCK.  I was dying.  He walked up and was like "3 loaves of bread please"*snort*

Then Judas is having an internal conflict and busted out "Bring Me To Life".  And while I LOVE that song and Daughtry was pretty phenomenal....I just...I guess I never thought of that song fitting with this story.  But it did.  Dang it...I'm conflicted. 

Moving on.  I am home alone and they are all sleeping under the CCC.  And he's about to be arrested, right.  The freaking NOPD S.W.A.T.  team shows up to arrest Jesus.  I lost my $hit.  I said "Dammit NOPD this is why we can't have nice things!  You arrested the Messiah!!!!" And I died laughing a little and then said "OMG, this show is making me a really bad person!"

So I am thinking this can't get any "weirder" and *BAM* Peter is walking through a NOLA hood being asked if he was with that Jesus guy (he denies it...typical).  Then he sings "The Reason" in a freaking NOLA Cemetery and I just...what is happening?!?!?

Suddenly we are watching Jesus get dragged on stage by the S.W.A.T. team in....AN ORANGE JUMP SUIT!  I legit *snorted*.  It's not funny, dang it!  This is a serious part of the story!!!  He is standing trial...and I am a giggling mess on my couch.  "Ooooo no honey boo, orange is NOT your color" (in my best impression of Agador from The Birdcage).
You can't tell me that wouldn't make you laugh...?!?!?!
Holla, Jesus is on top of the freaking WESTIN hotel singing "Unconditionally".  It made me smile but like a happy smile.  I love this song and it does fit well.  Then I got nervous because he is WAY up there and its windy tonight.  But I will say the wind made for a fairly awesome scene. 

And then....we pan out and see my BEAUTIFUL city! Closing with "When the Saints go Marching in" and I just...what an odd choice....I love you NOLA! Never change!!!!

Okay all in all, it was pretty great!  Now when I hear these songs I will think of this.  And that isn't necessarily a bad thing.  I just couldn't stop my giggles...so sue me!


No comments: