I woke up singing a song I haven’t heard since I was a child.
I am not talking about a pop song or popular radio song. I mean something my grandmother used to sing to me (all of us I am sure). It’s a very specific FRENCH children’s rhyme.
It’s called Allouette, genitlle allouette. I know every word because she sang it to us all the time. Mind you I do not speak French… well very little.
Then that afternoon I saw a tick tok of a lady singing it.
Literally a FLOOD of memories came pouring in. I’ve not thought about that song in YEARS. Honestly probably decades. It was like a sleeper agent waking up singing perfect French word for word.
So where did it come from?!?! I know it sounds silly but I think my grandmother came to visit me in a dream or something. I don’t remember my dream but why else would my brain randomly grabbed THAT specific song. A song I literally forgot about until I woke up.
Ok that’s all. It’s been stuck in my head over 24 hours at this point. I dunno what’s going on but I’m listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment