Thursday, October 5, 2023

I thought it was a pool boy?

So lately work has been just a beating.  I have multiple projects that are consuming my life along with normal day to day so I am slightly short tempered. With that said the other day I was standing at my counter with my laptop trying to help with phones.  90% of the time the pups are quiet but if someone comes to the door all bets are off.  

Well the doorbell rang and thankfully my customer just laughed and said his dogs are the same.  I ignored it and figured whomever it was (probably someone promoting a candidate in the upcoming election) would get the hint and leave.  I managed to quiet them down so I could finish helping him but about 2-3 min later I hear a light knock on the door.  I was off the phone but was like for f**ks sake go away!

I opened the door ready to unleash hell on the door to door campaign person I assumed it was when a very attractive young man turned around and smiled.  I stopped pre-fuss with a dog poking her head between my legs and kinda open mouthed blankly stared. He caught me off guard because he was fit-ish, tall, in scrubs and had a messenger bag, no flyers or signs.  The folllowing hilarity happened next.

Me: Uh....Hi....can I help you?

Him: *with a confidant and happy smile* I'm here for your Physical Therapy

Me: Uhhhh no

Him: Yes, didn't your Doctor call?

Me: *confused stare*

Him: *still smiling* For your back.  

Me: What address are you looking for?

Him: You aren't Miss Smith....are you....?

Me: *trying not to laugh* No...I think you are looking for my neighbor....she's older and fell recently.  

Him: *Smile drops* Oh....oh that makes more sense...okay...um can you point me in the right direction

Poor guy clearly didn't read his patient's age or he thought it was a typo and was super happy to have a semi young and attractive patient.  I'm not being cocky!  He seemed just as shocked by my appearance & smiled and I did have on makeup & my hair was fixed....for once. 

But all I could think about after he said "I'm here for your Physical Therapy" was who sent me a stripper ?!?!?! Or ya know...those...uh....movies... "I'm here to clean your pool" *bow chica bow wow* and about died laughing.  

No comments: